Dow Building Solutions is a leader in delivering insulation, air sealing and weatherization technologies that help improve the energy efficiency and sustainability of residential and commercial buildings around the globe. For more than 60 years, Dow has leveraged the power of chemistry to create solutions that help building owners maximize energy efficiency, improve comfort and durability, and save money.
Energy – and optimizing its use in buildings – is one of the most important issues facing architects, designers and building owners today. Improved building insulation systems are one of the few strategies available that help reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, and increase the overall sustainability of buildings.
Ultra Air Barrier Wall System
Continuous Insulation, air and water barrier – in one system.
THERMAX™ Wall System
Achieve efficiency at every level with the THERMAX™ Wall System. This groundbreaking three-in-one system features continuous insulation, air barrier and flashing, in one easy to install system that meets applicable building code requirements.
DOW™ - KNIGHT CI-SYSTEM
DOW™ - KNIGHT CI-SYSTEM provides a complete rain screen solution for architects and designers, offering maximum energy efficiency and excellent moisture management. DOW™-KNIGHT CI-System was developed to address one of the biggest challenges architects face today in dealing with continuous insulation (ci) – and thick insulation in particular – enabling the attachment of cladding without creating a thermal bridge in the assembly, providing true continuous insulation.
Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems (EIFS)
Dow teamed up with Dryvit Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of exterior insulation and finish systems(EIFS), to provide rigid insulation for Outsulation X, a high performance cladding system. DOW™ XNERGY™ rigid insulation is key to the system’s excellent energy efficiency, durability and moisture resistance.
Dow Building Solutions provides builders, contractors, remodelers, architects and homeowners with innovative air-sealing and spray foam insulation solutions for effectively protecting against air and moisture infiltration, helping create a tighter, more energy-efficient building envelope.
FROTH-PAK™ Foam Insulation and Foam Sealant Kits
FROTH-PAK™ foams are a two-component, low-pressure polyurethane foams that quickly expands to fill cavities, penetrations and cracks greater than two inches. Because of its easy-to-use and portable format and the fact that it is sprayed directly into the areas that contribute to heat loss, FROTH-PAK™ Foams provide one of the easiest and most effective ways to air seal new and existing buildings.
GREAT STUFF™ & GREAT STUFF PRO™
Insulating Foam Sealants
Offered in a straw format for DIYers and in a professional-grade with gun or reusable straw applicators, GREAT STUFF™ and GREAT STUFF PRO™ Insulating Foam Sealant is ideal for sealing gaps and cracks. It is designed to quickly expand to form an airtight and water-resistant seal, adhering to wood, metal, masonry, glass and most plastics. GREAT STUFF™ and GREAT STUFF PRO™ Window & Door Insulating Foam Sealant is exclusively formulated to air seal the gap between a window or door frame and its rough opening.
ENERFOAM™ Professional Foam Sealant
ENERFOAM™ Professional Foam Sealant is designed to form a durable, airtight, water-resistant bond to common building substrates such as wood, brick, concrete, foam board and most plastics. Its foam skin repels and deflects water, which can help reduce the potential for moisture damage to wood substrates.
Continuous, exterior insulation is a high-performance solution that substantially increases building energy efficiency, even in harsh climates. Continuous insulation covers the entire wall surface – not just the spaces between the framing studs. When considering insulation for a commercial or residential structure, continuous insulation is the most cost-effective, sustainable option. The technique provides long-term thermal performance as well as protection against air infiltration and moisture penetration – all while reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Continuous Insulation – A More Sustainable Option
- Tighter building envelope: Continuous insulation covers the entire wall surface, providing significantly higher insulation value and maximizing energy savings.
- Thinner wall profile: With about twice as much R-value per inch compared to traditional batt insulation, closed cell rigid insulation maximizes thermal performance while minimizing wall thickness.
- Meets building code standards: Continuous insulation helps achieve desired thermal and moisture performance, which helps builders, contractors, architects and remodelers meet emerging building code standards. More specifically, continuous insulation is a powerful approach to meeting standards in states following American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) 90.1-2007 and International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) 2009, where continuous insulation is no longer simply a value-added option – it’s a requirement.
PROTECTED MEMBRANE ROOFS
Dow Building Solutions’ patented, energy-efficient STYROFOAM™ Brand Extruded Polystyrene Foam (XPS) Insulation is a critical component of protected membrane roof (PMR) technology, enabling a perfect foundation for a garden or green roof on the top of a building.
Protected Membrane Roofs: Dow’s Insulation Solution
In a protected membrane roof assembly – the foundation for green roofs – the insulation is placed on top of the membrane, improving the performance and longevity of the roof system. Dow insulation solutions are perfect for PMR roof assembly because they offer:
- Proven long-term performance – Membranes in PMR assemblies incorporating STYROFOAM XPS Insulation are still in exceptional condition 40 years after they were first installed.
- Closed-cell structure – The closed-cell structure of the insulation prevents moisture penetration, which could otherwise compromise the roof’s thermal efficiency.
- Thermal efficiency – STYROFOAM™ XPS insulation enhances thermal efficiency by reducing energy use and HVAC loads – just one way our patented solution helps lower a building's carbon footprint.
- Superior temperature control – Closed-cell insulation helps keep the roof membrane’s temperature constant, reducing the harmful effects of freeze-thaw cycling and excessive heat, and extending the life of the membrane.
- Durability and reusability – The high compressive strength and durability of STYROFOAM™ XPS Insulation stands up to heavy loads. What’s more, the insulation can be reused in many cases, decreasing the volume of material that ends up in landfills.
- Versatility – A variety of compressive strengths and board styles are available to meet different roof specification needs.
Adhesives from Dow offer dependable, long-term service for a wide variety of applications and are compatible with most construction materials. They are easy to dispense and are specially formulated for a robust bond.
GREAT STUFF™ PRO Wall & Floor Adhesive
GREAT STUFF PRO™ Wall & Floor Adhesive delivers serious bonding power, providing fast-grab tack and long-term high-strength bond, even in conditions that might stop traditional adhesives, leading to faster and more reliable installations.
ENERBOND™ Professional Foam Adhesive is a specially formulated foam adhesive that provides exceptional adhesion in subfloor, drywall and other construction applications. It is easy to apply, with an initial bond achieved in two hours and a full bond in seven days.
INSTA-STIK™ Quik Set Commercial Roofing Adhesive is a single-component, moisture-cured polyurethane roofing insulation adhesive used for professional application of approved roof insulation boards to decks and substrates. Because it is a single-component foam, INSTA STIK™ Quik Set is always on ratio, reducing the potential for adhesion failure.
TILE BOND™ Roof Tile Adhesive is a portable, one-component polyurethane foam adhesive for attaching concrete and clay roof tiles to a roof deck. With its easy-to-use, self-contained dispensing equipment, TILE BOND™ Roof Tile Adhesive can be quickly and consistently dispensed, eliminating the need for expensive equipment and problematic ratio and calibration issues typical in two-component systems.
TILE BOND™ is designed for use with low/flat, medium, high and two-piece barrel profiles of roof tile in new, re-roof and specialty applications when applied to a pre-approved underlayment. It is ideal for patch and repair as well for specialty applications like hip and ridge, rake and valley, and field and eave installations.
TILE BOND™ reduces installation time and labor costs compared to traditional attachment methods such as screws, mortar, wire ties and clips. It also provides greater attachment strength while minimizing nail penetrations and reducing roof weight loads.